You could pretty well ask anyone, particularly any woman, you come in contact with whether or not chocolate is a preference. And, most everyone, women especially, will admit their affinity for that melt in your mouth delicacy. But what about some crazy chocolate stuff? Weird gifts and flavors? Well, here’s your chance to learn more.
While there are plenty of opportunities to learn great food photography tips, your ability to embrace the variability found in chocolate is probably lesser. However, we are pretty certain that once you discover these crazy chocolate things you’ll wish you’d paid better attention to the photography tips. You will want to memorialize these adventures in photographic form for sure.
Crazy Chocolate Gifts
We’ve all received the old standby, a box of chocolates, for anniversaries, birthdays, or Valentine’s Day gifts. But what if our loved ones decided we were worthy of some more remarkable chocolate delicacies? Share this article with them to give them some interesting ideas:
- Wine– Yes, you read that right, chocolate wine. The inventor combines a fizzy red wine with chocolate flavors. Serve it chilled and check out some more here.
- Cheese– It’s been around since the 1960s and although it sounds wholly unappetizing, its longevity proves otherwise.
- BBQ Sauce– Milk chocolate is added to this family’s original barbeque sauce blend.
- Beer– Peruvian cocoa nibs make this beer taste a little like toffee, espresso, and molasses. North Carolina bars will have it on tap near Valentine’s Day in case you’ve got a hankering.
- Perfume– Sounds like a good way to attract women, but it’s actually designed for the ladies and incorporates citrus as well as cocoa scents.
- Crickets– You can join the I Ate a Bug Club with a gift like this.
- Tea– Dessert teas that come in a variety of chocolate centered flavors. These are produced by the Republic of Tea. You can check them out here.
- Pasta– Imagine dark chocolate linguine on your plate with a raspberry gemelli. Pretty yummy!
Crazy Chocolate Flavors
No doubt those crazy chocolate gifts got your attention. You might have been thinking about how best to photograph that chocolate cheese, but now we’d like you to switch gears. We want to bring crazy chocolate flavors to the forefront of your thought:
- Camel Milk– Made in Dubai, this chocolate employs camel’s milk (which is apparently low in fat) for the purposes of making a very distinctive tasting dessert.
- Wasabi- Japan is notorious for making crazy chocolate flavors. KitKat seems to be a favorite brand to manipulate. Here we find a wasabi KitKat edition that is available on Amazon. Look at this.
- Ginger– Might be a great chocolate to eat when you’re sick since ginger is supposedly good for the throat.
- Lavender– It has now left the realm of air freshening and has joined forces with chocolate.
- Mayan Heat- This is some seriously spicy chocolate, but there are no dairy products in it, so can that really count as chocolate?
- Bacon– Yes, someone actually created a bacon bar. Chocolate and bacon combined? Well, that flavor is up for debate!
- Tobacco– No doubt the oddest combination, this chocolate delicacy incorporates rum and cognac marinated tobacco leaves.
Taking pictures of the crazy chocolate gifts is certainly a good idea, but taking pictures of people’s faces when they try these crazy chocolate flavors is probably infinitely more entertaining. Think about it!